My impressions upon playing it again, is that the game feels quite sluggish, my project in random generation for Dino-Pteror (WIP) also makes this project seem comparatively primitive.
However it got me thinking that it could use with a quick once over, so I am likely going to dip my toes into polishing up this old project (Time flies!), to be re-uploaded under my own accounts on European servers. Mayhaps with some form of copy-protection, if it doesn't cause any issues.
My plan is to sort out the gameplay, with tweaks to the presentation, the art could always be better, but I think it'd be a black-hole for this simple a project. So the plan is to use some spare Unity FX assets, and apply new scripting techniques to improve performance and gameplay, for use in a remastered build.
- Apply simple universally understood icons to navigate menu.
- Or have language selection by flag
- Put Britney in the background of menu (make it clear what game is about)
- Have incoming enemies spawn a distance away whereby they will meet the player at a vector on their segment of track
- Clean-up UI
- Update code (New unity engine, New techniques)
- Add new sections of track with ramps, or jump pillars
- Add better cameras with follow AI
- Add intro segment
- Add bikini to britney
- Add more "ads" for variety, randomize their texture rather than have multiple FBX files.